Saturday, March 12, 2011

She puts the happy in happy birthday

For Leah's first birthday, we decided to throw her a "my little sunshine"-themed shindig.  It was inspired by... well, actually that's kind of a long story.  I'll have to explain that a little more later. 



After weeks of hard work, and many months of anticipation, Casey and I were excited that this day had finally arrived.  We spent the morning cleaning, baking and preparing all the projects I have been working on for several weeks. 

The color scheme was yellow and white for our little sunshine.  My mom was awesome and helped me by sewing the birthday banner, seeing as I can't sew.  The menu was a simple and sweet one - sweet, literally.  It included: Deviled eggs, spinach and artichoke dip, vanilla bread, sugar cookies, fruit dip, lemonade and of course, cupcakes.  Everything turned out wonderfully!

I was so happy with the way these cupcakes turned out!  I'm not the world's best baker, so the fact that they looked nice and were yummy meant a lot!

Not quite finished setting up...
Getting closer...

I was so pleased with how well everything came together.  One of my favorite parts of any party is that moment before the storm - when everything is set up and ready to go, and looks pristine.  I love the anticipation before the guests actually arrive and the celebrations actually begin. 

From the outside...





To the inside...

Every last detail fell into place.

And, even though I know that she won't remember this birthday, I certainly will.  It was given with much love and care to a little girl who has given us so much without even knowing it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com