Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The first week

The first week included many things:


A lot of staring at our girl's beautiful face.

Saying goodbye to this amazing view from the hospital window.

A first ride home, and the realization that she's too little for her car seat.  And her diapers - first thing we did when we got home?  Went back out for a pack of diapers, since the cloths are too big.  Who knew?


Hanging out in the swing.


First bath.  Which...


...didn't exactly go over so well.

She lost her belly button.

And we've been so fortunate to be able to just be home together, to enjoy this precious time as a family of five.  

We are so lucky to have this little girl in our lives!  One week in, she is by far the easiest of my children.  We'll see if that continues, but I have a hunch (and I accept full responsibility for the jinx I may be placing upon myself) that this sweet one is going to be a little less of a handful than we've experienced recently.  It's amazing how quickly and completely she has worked her way into our hearts.    


Already it feels like she was always meant to be part of our family.  We couldn't love you any more, Miss Olivia Joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com