Friday, April 21, 2017

2 weeks


Two weeks have passed in a bit of a haze.  I can't believe how fast time goes once they are here!

Luke is such a good baby.  I know I'm not supposed to brag, but (character flaw!) I'm going to anyway: He sleeps!  SO WELL!!!  He goes 4-5 hours between feedings through the night, and although he does like to get up between 4 and 5 a.m., I will take the win.

He never cries.  Seriously.  He gives a few little whimpers here and there, and is otherwise entirely sweet and content.  We've dubbed him the World's Best Baby.

We got some half-hearted little smiles this week, which are adorable.  And you can see in his response that he likes the reaction he gets when he smiles.  I've watched his little face as he tries to manipulate his muscles to recreate the smile, tiny as he is.  They are amazing little creatures.

On the healing front: well, I'm still not.  I'm not even close.  My biggest accomplishment this week was showering and putting on clothes by myself.  In fact, I may have had a little melt down in the doctor's office when I had to admit that I needed more pain medication, because I'm no further along down the healing road than I was the day I left the hospital.  It was hard to hear the words out loud.  I can't come close to keeping up with all my people; in fact, I can hardly even walk.  The doctor reminded me that, after the year spring we've had and all the physical and emotional stress, it is okay to give myself lots of grace, and to expect extra time to heal.  All of that, she reminded me kindly, has taken its toll on my body.

Casey is doing an awesome job of holding down the fort.  The four kids are a lot of work!  I've been so blessed and lucky to have him home... Luke and I have made a cozy home for the past two weeks in the master bedroom - and literally nowhere else!  It is such a delight to have the time to watch his expressions and stroke his little face.  My last tiny precious one - what a tiny blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com