Monday, July 13, 2009

Brand New One-a-Day!

This weekend, I started on my prenatal vitamins! I was a little apprehensive, since I haven't been to the doctor yet (and, of course, I'm a little apprehensive about the fact that I haven't been to the doctor. They assured me that's fairly routine). But, I also wanted to make sure that I was doing everything I needed to do to ensure Baby's good health in the mean time. After a fair amount of research and talking to other mommys to be, I decided to start on a women's one-a-day prenatal vitamin. I'm excited to be doing everything in my power to make sure Baby is healthy and has everything it needs to grow big and strong.
I was able to make my appointment for two weeks from now. That seems like a really long time to wait. In the mean time, I spoke with a nurse and as able to get a few of my (many, many!) questions answered. Among those was the "official" timeline of my pregnancy!

And, in the official pregnancy way, they estimated that I am about 5-6 weeks along! Woohoo! Based on that, they are currently estimating our due date at March 14th. Hooray! That will probably all be revised at the first doctors appointment, but I am SO excited to already be halfway through the first trimester!!

All things considered, that's probably a good thing. Today was also the first day that I have felt really exhausted. I have been on a workout routine for the past 7 or so months, and part of that includes going to an exercise class 3-4 times per week. It has been going really well, until this morning. Today I honestly thought I might pass out during my workout. Seriously! I think it was actually more difficult to get through my class today than it was the very first day I started working out last January! There was a woman in the class who is about 7 months along, and, because I am paranoid, I had to ask her if that was normal. She was so cute; she laughed and told me that the first three months of pregnancy are pretty much the worst part of the whole thing, labor included! That made me feel slightly more normal - I was really worried when I couldn't muster the energy and strength to get through the class as I normally do!!

I also wanted to take some starting pictures. Yes, I'm a belly-picture kind of gal. I can't wait to see the growth that will inevitably happen! But, before we can get anywhere close to that, I thought I'd start with a couple of "before" pics...


Forgive the bad picture, although it probably only gets worse from here!



It's a little ironic, because I've been working so hard to get skinny in order to fit into that wedding dress, and now I'm going to have to be more concerned about gaining - not loosing - weight! Anyway, before I fill (over-fill) them again, I thought I'd pause to remember what are soon to be the good ol' days when my shorts were actually too big for me. That's the weight I've lost this year! Hooray and sayonara!

Whoever imagined I would actually be delighted beyond words about gaining weight?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com