Thursday, March 28, 2013

Seven.

My sweet boy.  How quickly these seven months have flown by.



Logan at seven months:

I forgot to mention it, but at his six month check up, he weighed 18 lbs 14 ounces, just a sneeze shy of 19 pounds.  Just for reference: at one year, Leah weighed 18.4.  Yep.  Have I mentioned he is a chunk?  And he still has that 98th percentile head, my little genius in the making.


He wears exclusively 9 month clothing, and the 12 mo's aren't far behind.  There are a handful of 6mo jammies I can cram him into, but as I do so my brain is all fat guy in a little coat! any time I manage it.

Remember how Leah used to growl like a scary, possessed horror movie character a lion?  Logan has begun something similar.  It's not quite as throaty as Leah's was, but it has definite growly undertones.  I don't know why my little ones do this in their sixth month, but there we are. 

He is still my little screamer.  Not to belabor the point, but homeboy can really break the glass.

We're very into this book right now, and we typically read it at least twice a day.  I like it 'cause it's true. 

He isn't really into sitting up.  He's not that into crawling.  Nevertheless, the kid loves to locomote - he does it primarily by rolling (which is something Sister never really did) and spinning on his tummy.  I suspect crawling won't be far behind. 


He is the world's best immitator.  He giggles the exact same way Big Sis giggles.  He squaks as she squaks.  Don't even get me started on his super-awesome-hillarious fake cry, which for sure mimics his sissy. 

We have the best conversations on the changing table.  The kid loves to talk and laugh. 


Signs "hungry" and "more."  And also yells when you don't shovel it in fast enough.

He is much more demanding than Leah ever was.  He wants what he wants, and where Leah's desires and mine were more often than not on a parallel track, he likes to take the scenic route - whether Mom wants to or not. 

He has found those toes, and loves to snag his socks and throw them wherever he can.

He still nurses boat loads (at least 5 times every day) and eats three times a day.  I'm convinced that he eats so much because he's growing so fast, not the other way around.  Baby Doc still advises offering food until he puts on the brakes, and so I have.  New foods tried this month include beef, tomato, green onion, cheese, organic puffs (not well recieved, I might add), banana pieces (also not well recieved), cheesecake and chicken. 

His sleeping has become relatively consistent, and he sleeps from either 6 or 7 until about 3:30 or 4, when he wakes up to eat and goes back to sleep until about 6 a.m.  He naps two or three times a day, depending on how long each nap is.  He stinks at going back to sleep if he wakes, and is ridiculously stubborn about the whole institution when he wants to be. 


Blue is for sure his color.  I think his eyes may actually stay blue.  By this point, we had seen hints that Lee's eyes would turn green, and I'm almost positive we're not seeing that from him. 

Doesn't have the same aversion to strangers that Leah had, and typically warms up within a few minutes.  But, I'm happy to say, still prefers Mom to anyone else.  {yay.}

Loves, loves, loves his fam.  Particularly Big Sis.


It's okay.  The feeling is mutual.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com