Thursday, February 5, 2015

Weight loss update: 30 days

So, you guys?

Remember how I said that I was going to be making some personal changes with regard to exercise and weight loss?

I started the year the largest I've ever been.  Maybe not the heaviest, I don't really know, but what I do know is that the weight was very stubbornly not coming off.  Even more stubbornly than it's been in the past.

I was big.  I was squishy.  I was just plain out of shape.

Fortunately, I found an exercise program, one that lets me work out for just a few minutes a day at home, and I've been doing it ever day for the last month.

It has been so energizing to get up every morning and invest 20 minutes in myself.  To tune out the needs of everybody else and let ME take center stage.  I can't tell you how long it has been since I've re-claimed that privilege for myself.  Actually, that's not true.  It has been somewhere in the vicinity of about 4-5 years, since shortly after Leah was born.  Yes, that's as sad as it sounds.

Most often, it is me and the tiny one who jumps happily and (mostly) quietly in her bouncer long enough for me to get my work out in.  Sometimes I'm joined by my big early risers, who always cheer me on or do the moves with me.

The best part is that I feel better.  I have more energy.  My body is more flexible and strong.  In all, I'm getting back to feeling like the person I've always known.

But here's the second best part:



I have lost 15 inches off my body in 30 days!

6 months post-partum, and I'm well on my way to getting back into those coveted skinny jeans.  For, like, the first time ever.  This is a big deal, folks.

After having been gone all month, Casey came home and saw the changes.  I do believe his exact words were, "W-O-W!"  Because, well, he's a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com