Thursday, February 25, 2016

Valentines Day 2016

Valentines Day in our household isn't typically a big deal.

February is the month out of the year I struggle with the most.  But I am working on it!

There is just too much to be grateful for right now, and I am finding myself acutely aware of how quickly the days slip by.  So, in that spirit, I'm making conscious choices to celebrate, slow down, and savor these moments in the midst of our busyness.


We spent the days leading up to Valentines writing each other love notes, designed and cut out by the kids themselves - although obviously we helped with the writing of Logan's cards.

The morning of Valentine's Day, I got up early and made a run to Dunkin' Donuts, decorated the table and laid out the cards.  The kids had little mailboxes, in which I put confetti and chocolates.




The kids were so excited to see the table!  I love mornings when they come down the stairs, still bleary-eyed and mussy-haired, but so adorable and enthusiastic in their excitement.


Even I had a card that had been lovingly put together by the littles and their daddy.


Which was such a nice surprise!


Although Valentine's will never make my list of favorite holidays, the most important part is taking time to intentionally choose joy, celebration and memory making for my little ones.  To stop and ensure that they know just how loved they really are, as they are, and to build our bond as family and as friends.

To help them build a firm foundation, secure and rooted in the love of God and family.

We love because He first loved us!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com