Tuesday, August 22, 2017

First Day of School 2017

 We're back!




And it was a GREAT first day back!


I used to love setting up my classroom for the first day of school.  There is such excitement in the air! I couldn't help but try to bring that same feeling into our school, even if it is predominantly at the kitchen table. 



I found these adorable growth-mindset posters and decided they were just begging to become a banner.


So, there are a few big days in our house.  Wonderful days that tingle with excitement.  Christmas, birthdays of course, and... the first day of school.  

The kids were so stinking adorable.  We've been practicing waking up to the alarm for the past several weeks, and they have been doing a good job.  But a full 30 minutes before the alarm went off, I could hear the eager rustling of blankets.  As soon as it went off, little feel came jumping out of bed.  They couldn't wait to get downstairs!


They were SO excited!



Leah is going through a "posing" phase.



Then, we started school, as we do every day, with a little dancing. Of course, between my bed rest, the hospital visits, Luke's birth and my recovery from surgery, we haven't started our school days with dancing for a loooooong while. 

 August's song of choice: ABC by the Jackson Five.


Oh Yeah!

We always kick off our school year with a treasure hunt for school supplies.  It's one of the highlights of our first day.




They LOVE running from place to place all over our house, seeking out treasures they'll use for the school year.




Our little stone-faced Livvy.  I swear, she had fun!

With a 7 and almost 5 year old, I was able to get a little more creative this year than ever before.  It was FUN!



We had such a great first day.  I am so excited about school with these little faces!


It's going to be an AWESOME year!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com