Saturday, September 5, 2009

Better every day

I went to the gym today! I am extremely proud of myself, because it has been like 6 or 7 weeks since I've done that - mostly because I have been alternating between feeling sick, exhausted and weak for most of that time.

And I'm finally feeling none of those! Okay, that's not 100% the truth, but I am feeling them to a much more diminished extent, and to me, that seems like a triumph. I have really missed going to the gym, truth be told. I enjoy the work out, and it was nice - before - to watch myself slimming down and getting stronger. Jessica and I had a quasi-plan to train for a marathon next year. Somehow I'm not really sure that is in the cards anymore, which makes me a little sad.

At any rate, it was nice to be back in the gym. I'm stronger than I thought I would be, considering I haven't done this in 6 weeks! It's definitely a little nerve-racking, though; I'm not sure what I can do and what's not particularly good for Baby. The doctor said I could do whatever I was doing before we got pregnant, but I'm not sure how some of that works.

And I am noticing an increase in energy. There is no way I would have been able to do this three weeks ago! It's an intense class, and I would have been weak and sick and had to give up, so that's definitely some improvement. I'm feeling much better all around, too. This was an extremely busy week - the earliest I made it home was 6:30 (12 hour day, no biggie!). And, although it exhausted me, I made it through just fine. That's a VAST improvement from the days that I could hardly muster the energy to drag myself off the couch! So all in all, a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com