Sunday, January 2, 2011

8 years and counting

Yes, in case you are keeping score, those are hoop earings.  So totally cool in 2003!
 On this day, 8 years ago, I began dating a boy I met during my freshman year of college. 

We met on a band trip - yes, we're totally that couple.  We dated a little; he asked me out to dinner in San Antonio and to celebrate New Year's eve with him.  The next day, he introduced me to his friends at an IHOP breakfast on the first day of 2003.  (I didn't know then that this would become a New Years day tradition - 9th breakfast in a row!) 

By that point, I certainly had a crush on him. 

He asked me out the very next day.  It wasn't particularly glamorous or monumental, and if you had told me then that this was the man I would one day marry and have a baby with, I simply wouldn't have believed you.  Let's be honest, I was only 18!  None of that was really on my mind. 

It's amazing to think about those two naiive people, who had no idea the journey they were about to take together. 

We've come a long way since then, and although neither of us is perfect, I wouldn't change a single thing about the path we've taken together.

I love you.  And may there be many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com