Sunday, February 19, 2012

Everybody's bakin' something

I think that Leah will grow up to be a chef. 

Maybe this is just my pipe dream because, well, let's face it: one of my most favorite things in the world to do is eat (is that sad?  Somehow I can't bring myself to think so.). 

Either way, the girl is awfully cute when she gets going in her Chef uniform and her kitchen.


And even though my last few posts haven't really centered around her, make no mistake: she is still the most amazing thing in my world.  

She's definitely becoming a two year old, and all that that implies.  We've seen some very new sides of her over the past few weeks.  And new phrases like, "Want it NOW!" accompanied by full on fit throwing.  It leaves me wondering, where do they get this stuff?!  I can say with total certainty that I have never used these words in front of her. 

Do they spontaneously generate it?  Is it part of the initiation into the two year old's club? 

On the other hand, it's still neat to see the incredible ways she is developing.  As usual, she is pretty crazy with her words.  She is now into complete sentences, and her conversations are becoming so much more than single or double word ideas with Mommy filling in the blanks.  She's got it all pretty well down. 

She counts to ten without any prompting.  She sings lyrics to songs, and even has a decent sense of carrying a tune.  She has somewhat well-developed imaginative play times that involve role playing her day, or, of course, cooking.  She is still a great helper.  She names her animals and is very emphatic about everyone using them correctly too. 

I'm glad we still have six months before she has to become a member of the big sister brigade, because I think we've all got some work to do before then.  That said, I can't wait to see the lovely little person she'll become once we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com