Friday, February 17, 2012

12 Weeks


Baby size: Plum

Weight gain: -1 pound

12 weeks brings another doctors appointment, and although we were hoping to get to see an ultrasound, our doc was able to find that strong little heartbeat right away.  Really it's a blessing, but Casey and I were both just a touch disappointed.

I'm definitely excited that this will be my last post in the first trimester.  Every time we go to the doctor, I feel a little like I'm supposed to take a test but I haven't studied... in other words, there's a nervousness that I'm not going to pass. 

I know from experience that feeling fades, especially as the first trimester comes to an end.  Although I also know it will more than likely be replaced by other anxieties since, well, I am me after all. 

Overall, though, I really can't complain.  It's been a super easy first trimester, just like it was with Leah.  Although I've definitely had my days of not feeling the greatest, I'm so lucky in that I can always keep food down.  It might have even been easier this time around, because I already knew that I could do it and I had some proven strategies for fighting off those yuckies. 

Two more weeks, and we're that much closer to "in the clear." 

And it has been decided (by the former Pumpkin) that this baby shall be called Peanut.  I like it, and it won Big Sister's vote, so it works for me!
We love you, Peanut!

1 comment:

  1. yay! I have been looking forward to another baby bump update. you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com