Friday, May 11, 2012

24 weeks


Baby size: Standard letter (because we've outgrown the fruit section of the grocery store.) 
Height: 11-13 inches
Weight: 1.5 lbs
Weight gained: I'll tell you next week... 'cause I don't know!

Wiggles, wiggles, wiggles.  Doesn't seem to be related to any particular foods (Leah went NUTS for blueberries), but I can definitely tell when this boy gets hungry.  He is also fairly mello in the car, which is exactly the opposite of his sister.

The food cravings and aversions have disappeared, although I have discovered that a bowl of cereal before bed helps me sleep through the night (hallelujah!).  It's been about 2 weeks since I've been awake for hours in the middle of the night - and let me tell you, sleep is a beautiful thing.

My belly button is rapidly approaching critical max.  It never popped with Leah - probably because I spent the better part of my third trimester pushing it back in.  Not sure that strategy is going to work this time 'round.



Favorite moment has to be when the little sings to her brother, or when we lay belly to belly and she can feel him moving.  You might get sick of me saying this, but it is an absolute dream come true.  Those moments are sheer, complete, light-shining-down-from-heaven perfection. 

I'm also starting to get really excited for the labor portion of this journey.  Maybe that sounds crazy to some, but I sooo deeply long for a natural child birth.  To wake up in the middle of the night all wet and gooey because my water broke.  (I know, I'm a little weird.) 

I'm starting to daydream about it, mostly right before I fall asleep.  The thought gives me such comfort and excitement.  Obviously, there is a strong potential that I may not get to actually have a natural child birth, and I think I'm okay with that if it comes down that way.  But I want desperately to be able to try on my own this time.  To have that crazy - am I in labor?  Am I not in labor? - guessing game.  Not to know the day and hour this babe will enter the world. 

What's that? you say.  Type-A hyper-controlling Melissa doesn't want everything perfectly predictable and scheduled out?  I know, I know.  I've already admitted to being weird. 


16 weeks to go - and frankly, with all the crazy contractions, I'm convinced we're not going to make it that long.  As long as he's healthy, early is okay by me!

1 comment:

  1. you look great!! the rest of the time is surely going to fly by! can't wait to "meet" your little guy :)

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com