This summer, whether because I'm pregnant or I've simply used up my creativity, I'm finding myself out of creative ideas for what to do with these days I've so looked forward to.
So in an effort to get back on the I-Love-Summer bandwagon, here is our summer bucket list. Some of these, I am absolutely sure, simply will not get accomplished due to timing of... other... life events. But these are the things I am most excited and most looking forward to (hopefully) doing during the next three months:
1. Go to the zoo. A LOT.
2. Take a hike. The easy, toddler/pregnancy friendly kind.
3. Make our own lemonade.
4. Stop by the farmer's market (perhaps for said lemonade ingredients?)
5. Play in the backyard pool. Bonus if we get a slip and slide and/or other miscellaneous fun water toy.
6. Take walks daily.
7. Go camping. (Let's face it: this is the one that probably won't happen. Casey working, house moving, third-trimestering. 'Nough said.)
8. Make S'mores!
9. Serve my patriotic crumble cake, which didn't get made last year. Casey reminds me of this weekly.
10. Find a preschool curriculum to use with Leah. Goal: 5 words read at the end of summer (besides Leah and Elmo, which she can already read. You know, the important ones.)
11. Make something disgustingly fun with playdough.
12. Spend time in Colorado Springs. The Zoo? Garden of the Gods? Cave of the Winds? Something fun and out of the ordinary.
13. Eat watermelon. Lots and lots of it.
14. Go to WaterWorld at least twice a month.
15. Two words: Play dates.
16. Draw with sidewalk chalk.
17. Ride on a carousel and/or Ferris Wheel.
18. Date night to a baseball game.
19. Play miniature golf.
20. Find at least one great new summer recipe.
21. Watch fireworks with the little on July 4th. But can she stay awake that late??
22. Potty train the kid (ahhh, this too may be wishful thinking)
23. Blow a really, really big bubble.
24. Complete a photography challenge, and attend the photography classes Casey got me for Mother's Day
25. Stay up really late (like 8:00!) and go out for icecream cones in our jammies.
Besides, we're already one down: today was our second (yep, second) trip to the zoo. I told you we like to go a lot!
What's on your summer bucket list?