Wednesday, March 4, 2015

60 days: Update

Okay... it has officially been 60 days since I began my weight loss and exercise program.

Are you ready for this?


I'd say it's going pretty well!  

I am down a grand total of nearly 24 inches.  As I have mentioned before, I'm not keeping track of my weight loss.  Weight is such an insignificant factor for me... I can lose a ton and look completely different without changing my weight very much, and I did not want to be discouraged.

It has been so, so wonderful to watch the changes in my body, attitude, strength and energy.  I am getting so much stronger!  My endurance is up, and I'm really beginning to recognize the person I'm accustomed to seeing when I look in the mirror.  Obviously, at only 7 months old, Miss Olivia is still nursing away.  I'm a little bit apprehensive as to whether I am actually going to see much additional change after this point, but I am so proud of myself.

And, it's worth noting that for the first time EVER while still nursing, I am in my pre-pregnancy pants.  I tried them on this morning, and they fit.  Nicely.  That's a little crazy to me in the best kind of way.

I know that I still have a long way to go, and the truth is that I may just never fully get back to my "before."  I am actually completely okay with that - I have had three babies, have a husband who loves me and am exactly where I want to be in my life.  This program has been so wonderful for me because it has given me 20 minutes a day to reclaim who I am, and do something that's good for me.  I have fallen so far off of my own radar over the past nearly five years, and I've come to the realization that it is important for me to be important - even if it's just for the time it takes to do these exercises.

That little bit of self care is the biggest gift I can give myself, and probably my children, too.

So cheers to those almost 24 inches in 2 months.  I do not miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com