Friday, January 1, 2016

Starting the New Year off right

It is impossible not to love a room full of children.  Impossible, I tell you.

Why?  Well, I'm so glad you asked: 


I mean, really.  Look at those faces.  Lack of pants.  Only one shoe on.  Mad at the world while (appropriately) clinging to Darth Vader.  Looking uncertain and playing with a pink car.

Seriously.  How great are they?


We hosted our annual New Year's breakfast today, with all of these wonderful little people.  And one who, at 12, isn't exactly little anymore.


It's really no secret that Leah pretty much always loves anyone who is older than her.  I think it must be oldest child syndrome.  She's not just the oldest of our family, she is usually the oldest child of our entire friend group.  But when Marco comes to town... oh my word.  I don't think it is possible for her to be more excited.  She adores him!  Perhaps that comes through in this photo?



It was a wonderful morning, the only unfortunate part of which was the fact that Casey had to leave about five minutes after this photo was taken, and he won't be back for 8 weeks.

Yes, you read that right.  Eight. Weeks.  {Shudder}


But the gang was all here, and it is always such a blessing to start the new year off this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com