Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Easter Sunday

Easter is certainly our favorite spring holiday.  Despite the fact that the weather showed no signs of the spring season that was on its way, we had a wonderful resurrection Sunday. 

I so enjoy filling their little Easter baskets!  

Leah's
We decided long ago that Easter baskets were not to be filled with junk.  


Livvy's
 Instead, we try to pack in things that will be useful for the upcoming summer season.  

Logan's

Each child always receives a pair of sandals.


And my kiddos are absolutely wild about jammies, so they each get a summer pair of those as well.


They also got new shades (don't worry, Liv got a real pair, too!)




We rounded it out with the Milne Pooh collection of stories and poems, which we hope to read this summer.


Last year, I began the tradition of tucking Bible verses in along with their treasures.


I love having a reader in the house!

But my favorite part of Easter morning is watching the whole gang as they hang around in their jammies and mussy bed-heads. 


Those unguarded moments when they're just all together. 


I suppose these moments aren't that different from our other mornings.  Homeschooling gives us the wonderful advantage that most of our mornings aren't rushed or hurried.  Still, these days of tiny rushing feet and silly giggles are just my favorite. 

And, because it was still snowing and cold, I didn't subject my family to the traditional Easter church photo.  But I did try to re-create it a week later, once the snow had melted.


Of course, by then, Casey was on the road again.


And the three had a serious case of the sillies.  But hey, those are the things our lives are made of. 










No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com