Friday, April 27, 2012

Half Baked (plus)

YOU.GUYS.

I'm half baked!  Plus two weeks!

Baby size: Papaya - about 1 foot, 1 to 1 1/2 pounds (I'm guessing all on the larger side for our boy).
Weight: Plus 9 pounds.

Almost one year ago exactly, we started this journey to two.

9 months ago, I found out I was pregnant and 8 months ago I wasn't anymore.

But now?  Now, I'm over the halfway mark with this wiggly, sweet little peanut of a boy. 

And I'm still huge, but I'm rapidly discovering that the term fat and happy is totally applicable.  Round.  Robust.  Full.  Insert adjective here.  Hello, Weight Watchers in the fall.

Actually, I'm not up that many pounds (kinda scary, considering how very, very different I look). 

I know it doesn't look it, but I swear I'm carrying much lower than I did with Leah.  Last time, my bump started at my boobs.  This time there's a noticeable (albeit to no one else besides me) gap between boobs and bump. 



I've got all the typical symptoms.  Back ache?  Check.  Exhaustion?  Check.  Contractions?  Check and check. 

Mostly, I'm just worried about how frequently I'm contracting.  I'm trying really, really hard not to be that crazy pregnant lady who calls the OB every 20 minutes.  I've been assured that this is totally normal, and I have a strong hunch it's brought on by the stress of working full time while still caring for a two year old. 

With 4 weeks left at school, I'm interested to see how I do as I get into the third trimester and get to worry about just the mommy/pregnancy pieces.  What a blessing that will be!

Most of the time, I just feel happy.  Not quite as care free as I was with Leah, but let's be honest: there's more to do this time around.  I'm definitely more tired physically, mentally and emotionally, which is something I'm really trying to watch.  I very strongly believe that my emotional state has an affect on the way this little one develops, so I want to make sure I'm sending him only the best of me. 

18 weeks to go, and we're into my very favorite part of pregnancy.  We love you, Baby Boy, and we can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com