Thursday, August 28, 2014

A letter to my son

My wonderful boy,

It is with overwhelming happiness that we come to this, your second birthday.  I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your second year; you bring us such joy and happiness with your mischievous smile and silly antics.  You are absolutely full of life, and you use every second to its fullest.  Even when it leaves me wheezing and struggling to keep up, I am so darned proud of your gleeful enthusiasm.  It is one of your defining characteristics, and something I pray you never lose.

My darling, you have one of the kindest, most empathetic hearts I have ever seen in one so young.  You understand so many emotions: gentleness, kindness, goodness, the ability of a hug to comfort a wounded heart, courage in the face of challenges and unconditional love.  I am so humbled by the wonderful little person you are, and I hope with everything in me that you will carry these qualities with you all the days of your life.  There is little doubt in me that you will grow to be someone who fights for those who cannot fight for themselves.  Where this will take you, I have no idea, but I cannot wait to watch God's plan unfold in your life.

You have never, ever - no, not once in your life - been called quiet.  Your voice is big and your ideas bigger.  You refuse to go unheard, and you fill my days with chatter, questions and unending observations.  Your smile and laugh light up every room you enter, and you remind me that every day is full of blessings.

God gave me a special gift when He gave you to me, and I am so very grateful that He chose me to be your mom.  I tell you this often, and I will continue to tell you often throughout your life, for it is the least I can do to convey back to you just how much joy you bring to my life.

I love you to the moon and back, my wonderful little guy.  Thank you for being mine.

xoxo,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com