Monday, August 11, 2014

Good kids make great siblings

We weren't in the hospital for very long - less than 48 hours door to door, in fact; a complete record on my part - but by far the highlight of the stay was watching the kiddos get to meet their new baby sister.


And, excited?  Doesn't even begin to cover it.

These two, my little sweethearts.  Oh my.  They love babies.  It might be best to let the pictures do the talking.











Those darling littles.  How can two people so new to this life themselves be so full of compassion, gentleness and abundant love?  Truly, the kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these.  They were so happy, so happy to meet their baby.

Logan kept saying over and over again, "it's okay, Baby," kissing her head and patting her gently.  He was as sweet and tender as could be, even without considering the fact that he's not yet two.  And Leah, oh my dear heart.


That child wanted so badly to make Livvy feel better.  She couldn't take her crying, and kept whispering and shushing her, trying to soothe her.  I make so many mistakes as a mommy, but I must be doing something right that I can hear myself in Leah's concern for her tiny new baby sister.


She took her job as big sister very seriously, and sat in the rocking chair to sing her baby the ABC's so she would go to sleep... and go to sleep she did.  Leah was so very proud of herself, it was heart warming to watch.  I'm pretty sure she would have carried the baby out of the hospital and insisted on taking her home if it had been in her power, she was very intent on proving that she could care for Liv all by herself. 


I can't tell you how humbling it is to be the mommy of these wonderful little people.  They make my heart grow three sizes and bust out of that little measuring box.


No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com