Sunday, November 8, 2009

Getting ahead of myself

...as per the usual! Somehow I never, ever seem to be able to wait the appropriate amount of time when I am excited.


So what if I bought Baby Girl's bedding set? She'll get here eventually! Actually, I found it online several months ago at Babies-R-Us, and knew it was the right one. Casey and I have been looking ever since, but haven't been able to find one that's quite as cute or right. I looked again last weekend and we couldn't find it; it had been discontinued! Fortunately, through the wonders of the internet, I was able to find it at an outlet store. Not wanting it to slip away again, I bought it.

I was so excited when the set got here! It is absolutely adorable!!! I like it because we knew we wanted something a little bit neutral so that we can reuse it with another baby, but it still seems feminine and soft enough to pass in a little girl's room. I wanted to take it out of its packaging right away and snuggle with it... fortunately Casey is a little more practical than I am. With 4 months left to go, that might not be the best idea ever.
In addition, we did a little bit of shopping for our little pumpkin. Nothing elaborate, but I couldn't resist a few purchases.
First pink clothing! From Auntie Jessica and Uncle Andrew. CUUUUUTE!!

Ducky towel... so soft and snuggly!


My personal favorite... for our spring baby


We also started our basement remodel this weekend. It's going to be quite a lot of work, but it will be totally worth it. We always knew we'd have to do this before we put the house on the market, and this way it just gives us that much more space to work with to get things ready for our impending bundle of joy.

My handy hubby taking down a really ugly light fixture.

I'd love to say it doesn't always look like this, but hence the need for remodeling. It was such a mess when we bought the place, we basically haven't done anything but store stuff.

Washing is about all I can do to actually contribute to getting it all finished. I'm good at helping with the design elements - not so much the execution! Thank goodness for Casey!


We're supposed to be focusing on the basement remodel so that we can clear what is now the office out of one of our spare bedrooms. Then, after Christmas we'll start putting the nursery together - or at least, that's the plan. It is extremely hard to wait! I have so much fun hanging the few things we've purchased for our little pumpkin in what will be her closet, and envisioning how it will all come together...


And, I'm dying for a rocking chair!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com