Sunday, November 29, 2009

A weekend of thanks

Happy Thanksgiving!


We had a wonderful, joyous Thanksgiving weekend. It started with our annual tradition of Turducken (that's a chicken inside of a duck inside of a turkey, for those of you not in the know!) hosted by one of our dear friends. Every year, it is so much fun to get together with all of our friends and (over)eat yummy food!

Getting hungry and very ready to eat!

Smile, Casey and Jessica!

Awww, Casey looks so pretty!

Getting VERY big from the side!


The next day was Thanksgiving, and we spent a fantastic day together. My mom came over for breakfast, and to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade as well as the dog show. As an added bonus, we also got to show off the basement - or, at least, how awesomely the basement it is coming along.


We spent Thanksgiving dinner with Casey's parents and an assortment of their friends, which was really nice and delicious.


My favorite part of the day was coming home to decorate the Christmas tree, another of our traditions. I love the magic of taking ornaments out of the box and remembering the special story behind each one.



Setting up the tree.

Getting closer!


I always love our Christmas tree!


The first Christmas Casey and I spent truly together was in 2004, just a few days shy of our 2 year anniversary. To celebrate our first Christmas, I bought a little ornament with two snowmen that reads "Christmas Together 2004." Not only did the tradition of buying an ornament every year stick, but fast forward five years, and we are married and expecting! My favorite ornament this year is this one (which, of course, we bought at BabiesRUs!):





By midnight on Thanksgiving, I was about done!


We capped off the weekend by going to an Avalanche game. It was awesome, even though we lost the game. I choose to think that Baby Girl loved all the noise and excitement; when we first got there, she was moving all around and in about five different directions! About halfway through the game, though, she fell asleep, completely oblivious to the commotion that was going on around her. I certainly hope that's a characteristic that will stay with her!

And, yes... I am aware that I wore the same sweater to every event this weekend. Other than that, though, we have so much to be thankful for! Casey and I are extremely grateful for the many blessings we have had this year. Chief among them, our amazing friends and family, and of course, that special little lady who is already enriching our lives, and who we can't wait to meet!!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cute! I love all your traditions, aren't they the best?

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com