Monday, April 5, 2010

Hippity-Hoppity...

Hooray for baby's first Easter!

We are still under house-arrest per the doctor since Leah hasn't even hit the one month mark yet, but we still managed to have a nice first Easter at home.



Leah enjoyed her very first Easter basket.

...or possibly she was deeply suspicious of it. She did grab on all by herself, so I'll take that as a good sign!

I got up early (7:30, which is the equivalent of 5am when you have a newborn!) and made our traditional holiday breakfast - a yummy mix of hashbrowns, eggs, sausage and cheese done up, casserole-style. Casey was particularly excited; usually, I only make this for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Then, it was time to dig into the Easter goodies!

Leah and Daddy


Checking out her first Easter card...


...I think she likes it!


The rest of the day was a bit more dicey. Unfortunately, Leah had one of those days where she really didn't want to do anything but eat and sleep.


She didn't want to take a walk...



Didn't want to hang with Daddy...


Didn't want to take family pictures...



It was a pretty mello day, and one that reminded us that we are definitely still on Leah time!

But we did finally manage to get a few good photos of the day, and - no matter how difficult a day is - we were also reminded of just how lucky we are to have such a wonderful family to begin with. It wasn't exactly the picture-perfect first Easter I had envisioned, but I am grateful to have my wonderful husband and beautiful daughter to celebrate it with!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com