Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thanks, Mom!

I have been meaning to post this for a while now, but haven't really had the opportunity. Turns out, life is busy with a newborn!





Today, I would like to thank my mom!

Not only is she a wonderful mom, but an awesome grandma as well.


She came and stayed with us for the better part of two weeks (work weeks, anyway) after Leah was born, which was incredibly helpful, considering that I was so limited in terms of my mobility and ability to get up and tend to things.



Generally, I am pretty independent and greatly enjoy and take pride in doing things on my own. So I was a little apprehensive about having someone come to my house to take care of me. But it was awesome having her around! She took great (and much needed) care of me, which allowed me to have time to bond with my daughter and learn more about how to best take care of her.
During the day while Casey was at work, it was so much fun to have her there; to ask her questions about the little pumpkin, to have her help in completing the every-day tasks that were very difficult for me, but mostly, just to enjoy her company. In the evenings, she made dinner for us all then gave us time to bond as a family.

All in all, I couldn't have asked for a better post-partum experience. It was such a wonderful opportunity to have my mom around, and I am incredibly grateful for her advice, her kind and considerate help, but most of all, the time to enjoy her presence!

THANKS, MOM!!!

1 comment:

  1. that is so great your mom was able to help so much, it definitely makes a difference! my mom came out for about a week after we had Lyla, it was so sad when she had to go back home! You are so blessed that your mom lives close by :) isn't fun to talk to your own mom about being a mom!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com