Monday, December 5, 2011

As Topol would say: Tradition!

(That was a Fiddler on the Roof reference, for those of you who are musical-challenged, aka not nerdy.)

Casey and I began making our yearly trek to the Parade of Lights about two years into our relationship, and we've been going ever since. 

Before I was pregnant with Leah, we used to make quite a date out of it: Maggianos for dinner, Starbucks for coffee and The Cheesecake Factory for cheesecake afterward. 

We've been lucky two years in a row to be able to still make our dinner and the parade, which is a LOT when you're a tiny little person accustomed to going to bed at seven! 

And you know what?  I think it might be my favorite Christmas tradition.





This year, it was bitterly cold, and we bundled the little up in as many layers as would fit.  She did a great job right up until the end of the parade, about 7:15.  Then she started getting upset.  So upset in fact that I'm pretty sure she missed out on seeing Santa.  After that, she was upset that she'd missed Santa!  She kept crying, "More Santa!  Santa!  More!"  Poor little pumpkin. 

Still, though, when we got home, she told me all about the bands, and horses, dogs and the penguin float she had seen, which tells me that even at not-quite-21 months, this is a tradition she'll grow up loving, too. 


Next year?  Family pictures will be taken at the beginning of the parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com