Our girl is no longer a baby. I'm not totally sure how that happened, but she has lost those chubby, bald, tooth-less traces of her babyhood. She's a bonafide kid - complete with big girl bed sleeping, opinion having and panty wearing.
It seems I've forgotten to document, so here are some things that she's been doing lately:
- Potty training. I knew it would go this way. One day, she woke up and decided to go potty in the big girl potty. It was moving day, so I didn't have time to commit. Fast forward and now we're two days in, and she's doing beautifully. I won't say that there haven't been accidents - mostly when she decides she simply doesn't want to go in the toilet - but she totally gets it. I'll never be able to claim that I potty trained her, because really, she's just decided she's ready.
- The other night at dinner, she hugged me close and said: "Mommy, you're my best friend." It absolutely melted my heart.
- Saying the alphabet in the car. The whole thing, on her own. I didn't actually know she could do that.
- Recognizing numbers. Evidently, she now knows 4, 5 and 8. Quite possibly more I'm not even aware of. She pointed out 4 and 5 on an address recently, and she was totally right. I thought she only knew 8.
- Singing up a storm. I adore it. She gets the tune right and the key wrong, and she inevitably knows all the words.
- Dreaming about the future from her car seat: "Mommy, someday when I get bigger and bigger, can I sit in this seat?" (pointing to the front passenger seat). I had to remind her not to get too big too quickly. It sure seems fast to me.