Monday, December 31, 2012

Don't worry, it was only the biggest year of our lives


I'm almost at a loss for words as 2012 comes to a close.  (Don't worry, I said almost.)

Last year, I predicted that it would be one of our biggest years yet.  Boy, oh boy, was I ever right. 

December 2011: Found out we were pregnant
Feb 2012: Announced pregnancy
March: Leah turned 2
March: Found out we were expecting a BOY!
May: Put the house on the market
May (3 days later): House SOLD!
June: Moved out of our home and into my mom's
August: Welcomed our beautiful Logan Joshua
August (2 days later): closed on our new house
September: moved into new house, after extensive midnight rennovation care of my poor, overworked husband
October, November, December: change, change, change and adjusting
December 2012: Great big sigh of gratitude and relief
Whewww...
 
The only thing that didn't come to pass was me quitting my job.  Now, to be fair, I did only work 6 of 12 months this year...
 
Although that was in the plan as well, Casey and I carefully weighed the options and decided that it's really smart for me to finish out the school year.  It's not my first choice, but it is extremely wise given our circumstance with the house and the fact that we have so much to do to get it into shape.  I'll work about five and a half months of Logan's first year, and shortly after Leah's third birthday, I'll get to be done for good. 
 
The magnitude of this year has hit me in many ways, from exhaustion to elation and everything in between.  As I look back, though, I can't help but feel incredibly grateful for the amazing ways in which God moved this year, and the many, many blessings we've recieved. 
 
And although I am beyond grateful for this exceptional year, I do have to hope that next year is a bit more mello, and filled with lots of settling (in, that is) and getting to enjoy all that 2012 brought us. 
 
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com