Friday, December 28, 2012

Four.

Our sweet little Logan is four months old, and quite amazing in his mommy's humble opinion. 

There are a variety of things that he has done a bit ahead of sister, which is kind of amazing, because Leah did a lot in her early months.

The biggest thing I want to remember is what a little laugher he is!  Leah laughed for the first time just shy of four months.  Even then it was just a dainty, half-hearted little chuckle.  Logan, on the other hand, has giggled heartily since two months, and sometimes will sit and laugh for seemingly no reason at all.  He is also the most ticklish baby I've ever encountered.  I adore it. 

He has outgrown (and then some) his three month clothing.  He is now comfortably in 6 and 6-9 month clothing, and we've even put him in a few 9 month outfits.  They're a little long, but otherwise fit pretty well.

He is massively heavy.  I won't know exactly what he weighs until his check up, but sometimes I forget just how heavy he is and struggle to pick him up.  I'm guessing he's somewhere between 17-20 pounds.  Carrying him in the Moby is a job and a half.  Seriously, it's a little crazy.

He absolutely loves this exersaucer.  LOVE. 


I know he can roll over.  I've seen him do it both from tummy to back and the other way around, but I seem to be the only one who can vouch. 

He does not enjoy tummy time, and will cry or roll back over after just a few minutes.


Has a sincere love of toys, particularly if he can put them in his mouth.  This is another one of those things Leah didn't have much interest in until 6 or 7 months, but Logan loves to both look at and hold onto his toys.

Is extremely easy to startle.  The list of things that makes him jump is long, and he always cries after being startled.  And I'm totally mean, because I think it's kind of hillarious.  Don't tell him...


Sleep.  Oh, sleep.  His sleep sucks, I'm not going to lie.  He wakes from each and every nap after 45 minutes, and although we can get him to go back to sleep, he has not yet been able to put himself back down.  Night time sleep isn't much better, although he does sleep pretty consistently from around 7 to around 11 (most of the time...).  It's a challenge we're hoping to overcome sooner rather than later.

He doesn't do much crying, but he does a lot of fussing.  He likes to tell us just how unhappy he is.  His unhappy noises consist of three levels: fussy, angry-upset, and help! I'm being kidnapped!  The last one is a true scream - not the kind you might expect from a tiny baby, but the kind you would teach a child to use in a legitimate emergency.  Which, by the way, is a ton of fun to wake up to at 3 a.m.   


I can't emphasize enough how very vocal he is.  This kid loves to talk!  He just babbles and babbles, and in such an appropriate way it's almost uncanny.  I know he's not supposed to be able to understand/respond, but I swear he does.  Scout's honor!  I am so curious to see if this transfers as he gets older, and if he'll be as hyper-verbal as his Big Sis. 

Still hates the car.  Often does the I'm being kidnapped! scream while in the car.  I usually cry a little, too, when he goes supersonic. 

Loves and adores his sister.  He just grins when she is around.

 
 
 
 

Is not quite as content as Big Sis was.  He has both higher highs and lower lows, where I remember Leah just being consistently content.  She didn't laugh a lot, but also didn't cry at all either.  It's so fun to watch him smile and giggle and be hillarious, but the other end is more intense as well. 


I just love this little man to pieces.  It is amazing how God gives us just what we need, just when we need it.  Logan is such a wonderful addition to our family, and I am so blessed to be his mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com