Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The best part of me

To my beautiful baby boy on your first Christmas:

If I had words big enough to encircle the world a few times before flying to a distant star and back, it still wouldn't begin to express how much I love you.  How grateful I am that you're here this Christmas.  How much joy and awe it brings me to be your mum.


The gift you gave me last December was one of the happiest days of my life.  Last Christmas, you were barely a twinkle in my eye.  This Christmas you're here, healthy and happy and wonderful, and by next Christmas I know I'll be watching you toddle and talk and create all sorts of merry mischief. 

Life is beautiful and amazing, my sweet son.  Your very existance is proof of that.

I pray you'll always believe in magic.  That you'll get excited over a cup of hot coccoa.  That you'll laugh till you can't breath.  That you'll sing at the top of your lungs in the car.  That your eyes will light up when you see Christmas lights, that you'll share all your secrets with your sister, that you'll always have someone you can't wait to hug.  That you'll do whatever the boy equivalent of being so overwhelmed with happiness that you can do nothing but cry.

You are my greatest gift, my angel, my joy. 


Thank you for being here to complete this Christmas.

I love you to the moon and back,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com