Sunday, February 24, 2013

Snow days are better during the week.

Colorado has had one of the hottest, driest years on record, and the winter season hasn't helped much.

I've worked in my district for four years now, and each and every one of them has included two snow days - one in the fall, and another in the winter/spring thanks to the fact that 85% of our kids are bussed in. 

So far this year, we haven't even had one.  Which was all fine and dandy, since I was on maternity leave until December.  But since returning, I wouldn't turn my nose up at a snow day. 

Well... I got my wish.

And it was put to excellent use, including Logan's first forray into the snow.  (For the record, it lasted about three minutes. I don't need to tell you which of these photos is the before and which is the after.)


So, hooray for 2013's first snow day, even though I think it's fair to say that teachers everywhere would have preferred this fall on a weekday.

Sidenote:  How much do you want to pinch those chubby cheeks?  You should see his knees.  They're to die!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com