Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dear Olympics: You'll be seeing us in 2028.

Because, for reals: we're going.  Olympics, here we come.  Why, you ask?  Because someone...


...had her first gymnastics class today. (And completely rocked it, I might add.  You know it must be true if it comes from her mother.)

 
That right there is the face of determination.
 
I didn't take any pictures in the gym, but it was sooooooo-ooo much fun to watch.  She was a bit nervous going in.  We talked to God and told Him all about her fears.  It was, after all, her first big-girl class completely independent of her momma. 
 
The first ten minutes were a little dicey as she tried to take it all in.  She didn't shy away and she wasn't afraid to leave me, but she also didn't participate at all.  Instead, she just looked around and watched as the other kids stretched; a move that absolutely typifies her personality to a tee.  She is not a joiner.  She is not one who jumps right in.  She has to test the water, evaluate, and decide it's okay to go forward.  I adore that about her, by the way.  I may have prayed {often} for exactly that quality while she was in my belly.
 
Once the whole concept passed though, she blossomed.  She summersaulted.  She walked on the balance beam.  She hung on the rings.  She jumped on the trampoline.  She hopped on one foot.  She totally stuck the landing. 
 
It was pretty impressive for her first time.  And this kid of mine cannot wait to go back. 
 


Love that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com