Tuesday, December 22, 2015

The Nutcracker's Sweet, part two

Miss Leah has been in ballet for a little over a year now.

She loves it.  And oh my goodness, it is so adorable to watch them at this age!



With the holidays upon us, it is that time of year again: recital season.  Last year, her performance was ballet.  This year, they did tap for the holiday show to the tune of Up on the Housetop.



Knowing what to expect this year helped me to be a bit less sentimental and keep it together through her show.



It was adorable.  And wobbly.  When she concentrates intently on just about anything, she very often sticks out her tongue.



Which is what she is doing in this photo, even though I was a second too late to capture it.



I just love the pride and delight in her face in these photos.



She even ended the show by blowing a little kiss out to the audience.





They were wonderful.  I am so proud of that big girl of mine.  She's decided not to continue with dance next year.  Instead, she's going to take swim lessons and piano, and then as we get closer to summer, she'll switch to t-ball.  It is so exciting to watch her follow her heart, and get to see where it takes her.

I have a hunch that we'll be back to dance, though.  I don't think her little performer's heart will be able to stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com