Saturday, July 11, 2009

Things I love

I have discovered that trying to determine the "official" age of the pregnancy is very difficult to do on my own! It seems that everyone calculates it a little differently, and since I have never had a "regular" cycle, my dates are all screwy. Since I know the date of conception, though, I can determine that I am about 3 weeks along - ish. I'm definitely feeling anxious to get to the doctor and have them give me something more accurate!

But, here are some things that I have discovered (and in some cases, rediscovered) my love of over the past few days:

- My amazing husband! Casey has already begun to embrace this with open arms. Example: I was having potato chips as a snack - something I NEVER do, we never even have them in the house! We only buy them once a year during camping trips! - and he knowingly advised me, "you're not supposed to eat those. Everything you eat is a chance to nourish baby." :) (This is almost a direct quote from our "What to Expect When You're Expecting" - I'm so proud!)


- Warm weather. Summer has finally truly found Colorado! It took a while, what with the rain and thunderstorms we had almost every single evening in June, but now we have wonderful warm (hot!) weather.


- Water World - although this one poses some issues since finding out I'm preggers. I was lucky to go with two of my girlfriends from my Masters program this week, and we had a great time! I love the water, and I LOVE the water slides! It was scary, though, to see signs posted warning, "Do not ride if you are pregnant." I think - and desperately hope! - that that's supposed to apply to those who are more significantly along than I am. But, since I haven't yet seen the doctor, I can't be sure. It doesn't seem to have done baby any harm... but I think, from here on out, I'd rather be safe than sorry!


-Half-caf coffee. Okay, "love" might be overstating things. The past three mornings, though, Casey has made me coffee by mixing decaf (who knew we even had decaf coffee? I am so vocally against it - it doesn't really count unless it has caffeine!) and caffeinated coffee, so that I can still have one of my very favorite things, but in a "baby friendly" way. Coffee is going to be far and away the hardest thing for me to give up, but it is so helpful to have a husband who looks out for me and helps me to do the right thing!


- thebump.com - Another great resource, besides "What to Expect," that I have come to rely on as I wait anxiously to see the doctor. It's actually a great help, especially since there is so very much I don't yet know!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com