Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Adventures in sleeping

For the past three nights, Leah has been sleeping in her crib.



Well... kind of.

Leah is adjusting fabulously to her new sleeping situation. Her mommy, on the other hand, not so much.

I have cried each night as I put my sweet, beautiful baby into a crib all by herself. What if she is too cold? What if she is too hot? What if she is lonely in that room all alone?

And it turns out, all those reasons are a bunch of crap.

The truth is, I'm not ready for Leah to be sleeping in a crib down the hall away from me.

So as a compromise, suggested by my wonderful and extremely patient husband, Leah has been coming into our room after her first feeding, usually around midnight.

And I have been staying up until midnight, because I can't seem to fall asleep until she's back in the room with us.

I'll get there...

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com