Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

One of the things that most amazes me about having a baby is how incredibly quickly and how much she changes.




I have heard a lot about the milestones that happen when a baby is 6 weeks old, and it was truly amazing to witness. Until last week, Leah had pretty much been like any typical newborn.

Sure, there were a few things that seemed abnormal - her attentiveness; the fact that she seemed to pick me out and follow me from accross the room, when she can supposedly only see 8-14 inches; her crazy ability to roll over at 9 days old - but generally, she didn't do much besides eat, sleep, grow and melt her parents' hearts with cuteness.




All of a sudden, my newborn is turning into a baby. Her proportions are different, drifting from the goofy, soft looks of a newborn into more defined features. She no longer fits into her newborn clothes, and we have begun to use her 0-3 month outfits. One day, she was eating every 2 hours; the next - and without any warning - she was going 3 hours or longer between feedings. She is rolling over fairly regularly, and has begun to smile a LOT more often (much to her mother's delight!).




It is amazing!

It is perfect timing, too, because my maternity leave has officially come to an end. I almost can't talk about it - I'm too heartbroken, and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to cry all the way to work on Monday - but I am so glad that Casey will be staying home with her.

It will be a wonderful opportunity for him to enjoy some of the fun I've been enjoying for the past nearly 8 weeks.

He should have a little bit of an easier time of it, since she has discovered this new-found independence and contentedness away from Mom. You'd think that would make me sad, but it actually delights me! It gives me a chance to get a little more done in a day, and gives me that many more reasons and opportunities to enjoy my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com