Friday, June 17, 2011

Sneaky Mom am I

As Leah grows up, I've been a tad concerned that she would be a vegetarian.

Now, don't get me wrong.  It's not that I have anything against vegetarians.  It's more that the words "iron deficiency" and "comprehensive nutrition" flash before my eyes and make me fear the V word. 

The older she gets, the more I'm coming to terms with two new words:  cheese and toast.  Because, if you ask Leah, these are what she would tell you she wants to eat.  All the time. 

She used to eat only the vegetables; now I mysteriously find little flecks of green on the floor with greater frequency. 

But as any good General will tell you (okay - I'm making a pretty gigantic assumption here, seeing as I don't actually know any Generals, let alone good ones), the best offense is a good defense.

So into the fray, I offer these:

Banana-Carrot Muffins
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
2-3 mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup butter
3 tbsp milk
2 eggs
1 finely grated carrot

Combine 1 cup of flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt.  Add banana, carrot, butter and milk.  Beat with electric mixer until blended.  Add eggs and remaining flower.  Beat until blended.

Pour into greased muffin trays.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Fruit and veggies deliciously disguised as a yummy muffin.  Take that, cheese and toast. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com