Sunday, September 4, 2011

Size matters

I have lost 3 pounds since the beginning of the school year three weeks ago.  I want this noted because of what I'm about to tell you next, so you don't think that being pregnant has given me some kind of license to eat everything in sight. 

Because, as luck would have it, I have gained 3/4 of an inch in the belly region.  No, seriously.  I measured a few weeks ago (I was ordering pants of the internet, before the sense got knocked into me and I decided to go to a real store with real people and real pants), and I measured again on Friday. 

It sounds impossible, but when I was pregnant with Leah I got a little rounder by about week 6, so I suppose being 5 weeks and already a different size shouldn't surprise me, especially the second time around.

The difference this time is just how big a difference that 3/4 of an inch makes.  I'm rockin' a belly that hangs over the jeans, people.  Leaving me in a constant state of having to hike up my pants.

So, in honor of my growing tummy, it's time to play guess how pregnant I look!


September, 2011
5 weeks (ish)

September, 2009
14 weeks

October, 2009
16 weeks
Yeah.  So can we call that 'nuff said???

Now, to be fair, last time around I was starting at a size four and weighed as much as I did in high school.  Clearly, that's not realistic for me without a crazy diet and more exercise than Jillian Michaels.

This time around, I'm a little bigger and admittedly carrying a little more fat on my body.  What is amazing to me though is how it has shifted.  As long as I stood up straight, two weeks ago I had a flat belly. 

Now, well... there is just no way for me to suck it in enough that I don't look three months pregnant (or, er... more). 

And you know what?  Even though I might wind up the size of a circus tent before this is over (let's recap: I'm the same size this September as I was two Septembers ago, even though that one was due in March and this one is due in May), I'm happy. 

Like, really, really happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com