Sunday, October 2, 2011

All things come full circle

It has been funny to see how eerily similar the chain of events has been this year as it was three years ago.

Three years ago, I was pregnant at the end of August, lost the baby in mid-September, {we got married on October 3rd}, went to Vail in early October.

Well... all things have now come full circle {sans the getting married part.  Twice was enough for us!}.

Only this time, the original two are now blissfully three, which means that things are a bit different. 

Where we once stayed in luxurious accommodations...

October 3rd, 2008


...we were a bit more concerned with practicality this year.
October 1&2, 2011



Priorities are a little different once there are little ones involved!
But we still had an incredible view!

Where we once sought out romance and adventure...
A horseback tour followed by an absolutely incredible day at the spa.  Ahhhh, to be newlyweds!

...our concerns this time around were...




...a bit more domestic.

I will say that Vail in the fall is one of my absolute favorite places on the entire planet.  I have a very hard time imagining why anyone would want to be anywhere else!  We had a wonderful time, and I can't wait to go back next year!

And, in no particular order, a few of my other favorites from the weekend:







Even though we couldn't get a smile from this one, I am so in love with our little family portrait. 

I do believe this is now an established tradition in our household, and I hope it's one we can repeat through the years.  We're awfully blessed, there's no doubt about it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a beautiful weekend! Congrats, you do have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com