Thursday, October 6, 2011

Hope in hiding

The feeling overwhelms met at moments, claiming my breath and nearly bringing me to tears.

But this time, it's not grief. 

It's that familiar feeling, that overpowering sense of gratitude I get sometimes when I'm feeling particularly happy or hopeful. 

I am notorious for crying not when I'm sad, but when I'm happy.  And I'm doing it again.  It's been a while.

There is an unfamiliar sense of peace coursing through me.  A knowledge that something is coming.  A certainty in my own motherhood; confident in this vision that lingers in my head of four.

Strength.  Perseverence.  Fortitude.  These things I have in reserve, although I'd very much like to keep them in storage for a while. 

Hope.

I've still got it.  It's just been hiding for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com