Saturday, October 22, 2011

A piece of my bliss

I vividly remember the magic of the fall seasons throughout my childhood.

I remember the crunch of the leaves underneath my shoes.  The sweet smell of the air.  The rustling of wind down our street.  I remember coming home to hot coccoa and apples after school on a chilly fall day.  The anticipation of trick-or-treating, and what a special occassion it was to get a Happy Meal in those Frankenstein head buckets.  Spooky decorations. 

Silly little things that made the Octobers of my childhood seem special.  Things that are carved into my memory even all these years later.

Memories I look forward to recreating for my children.

And maybe a little free labor thrown in, too.  You know, because it builds character.





No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com