Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Grateful for

Target.

And the fact that, when we visited Target today, Miss Leah began pointing out all the letters she knows.  Which, as it turns out, is pretty much all of them. 

The "Merry Christmas" signs?  She rocked them.  She knows all the letters in "Starbucks Coffee" (hmmm... imagine that...). 

She even knows a handful of lowercase letters, which we haven't worked much on.  And, if you're wondering how the kid got so smart, it's in part because I let her watch TV.  Seriously.  If you haven't tuned in to SuperWhy, you're missing out.  That's a shameless TV plug from a reading teacher, it's that good.    

Sure, she confuses W and M.  And sometimes T and I, depending on the font of the letters.  But the girl knows her letters, and we had so much fun finding signs and pointing them out.  I absolutely adore that a trip to the store can become such a learning experience. 

While we're at it, I'm pretty darn thankful for all the reading that goes on in our house.  I hope that's always the case. 







Smart happens everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com