Yes... my daughter.
She has been alive for almost 28 hours, and I am convinced that she must be the most beautiful, loved and wanted baby on the face of the planet.
After 28 hours of life, she is:
- 7lbs 9 oz - down a tiny bit from the 7-12 she was at birth
- A great sucker - she nurses beautifully and without any difficulty about every 2 hours
- An awesome pooper - 5 dirty diapers so far (yes, these are the perks of being a mom!)
- A good sleeper - she slept for 4 hours straight last night before I woke her up to nurse
- Strong - she can already lift her head up for several seconds at a time
- Gorgeous - okay, so I get to be completely biased. That is a mommy's priviledge and right!
After 28 hours of my daughter's life, I am:
- Sore - c-section was amazingly easy, I will post more about that later. Recovery is another story.
- Strong - I didn't get to have my natural delivery, so I have to be tough in other ways!
- Grateful, grateful, grateful. For my husband, who is my partner in all things. For my family, who are wonderful and supportive. For my beautiful, darling daughter, who is incredible beyond words.
- The happiest I have every been!
Welcome to the world, Leah Madeline!