Saturday, June 19, 2010

5 down, 45 to go

Where have we been?


View Larger Map


At the ripe old age of 3 months, Leah's list of states visited now includes: Utah, Arizona, Nevada and California!

As a former resident of California himself, Casey still has a fair amount of family in the state. His cousin Charlie graduated on June 16th, so what better time to take our first family road trip?

I was extremely apprehensive about the drive, since Leah's distaste of driving still hasn't let up. To my immense surprise and relief, she did beautifully in the car!

The drive was a simple one, although it took 2 days to complete. From Denver, we took I-70 west through the mountains to Grand Junction; Green River, Utah; St. George, Utah; Mesquite, AZ/NV; Las Vegas, NV; all the way along I-15 to Los Angeles.

I couldn't be more delighted with our first family vacation. Highlights of the trip include:
-Getting to meet Casey's grandma for the first time, and showing off her very first great-grandchild-







- My first trip to the Hoover Dam-



-Visiting Santa Monica pier, and Leah's first trip to the ocean-










-Watching Charlie graduate!-






-DISNEYLAND!!!!!-

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com