Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Yesterday vs. Today

Yesterday was the kind of day that couldn't get over quickly enough. Frankly, I was curled up in the fetal position rocking myself in a corner by the end of it.

Leah was still recovering from our super busy weekend. The problem was, even though she was exhausted, and G-R-U-M-P-Y, she wouldn't sleep... hence the fetal position.

Fortunately, today was a new day (thank you, Scarlet O'Hara!).


Today, I am SUPERMOM!


Today, my baby is not only a huge smile factory, she is also a napper extrordinaire.

Today, I discovered the secret to a good nap: watching for Leah's "sleepy signs" and putting her down immediately.


So much for the schedule I've been trying to put her on. So much for scratching that in favor of putting her down 2 hours after she last woke up. Turns out, both of those strategies result with mom in a corner in the fetal position.

This way, I have a daughter who naps like a queen! Or... you know, Rip Van Winkle, or someone else who is a notoriously good napper.
I.AM.AWESOME!

(And if you mention the fact that it took me nearly three months to figure that out, I will cheerfully beat you to death.)

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com