Saturday, February 12, 2011

The finer things in life

Food. 
Friends. 
Cookies.

Yep, it's Valentines Day (which explains why cookies gets its own category)!

We celebrated an early Valentines with Uncle Andrew and Auntie Jessica.  And it was OH-SO fancy!  Because of an absolutely unbelievable sale, I got to make lobster tails for the first time ever.  Although I had some issues shelling them, they turned out really yummy.  We also had steak, asparagus, baked potato, and -  because Auntie Jessica is doing a little baking of her own and I'm still nursing - Martinellis, complete with heart-shaped straws.  Y-U-M! 

Because of a certain someone's new tooth poking through, it wasn't the worst thing in the world that Leah went to bed early.  I know, what a terrible thing to say on her first V-day, but it was true nonetheless.

After dinner, Jessica and I had a little fun in the kitchen:






With good (and delicious!) results:

I always enjoy spending time with those two, particularly when there is something sweet involved.  Now it's just a tradition: last year (when I was pregnant), we finished an entire enjoyed a little icecream cake; this year (when she's pregnant), we baked cookies.  Seems like I'll just have to get pregnant again so that we can carry on our Valentines day tradition next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com