Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seems like this one shoulda been a no-brainer

What is stupid and obnoxious about ridiculously cold temperatures?

Well, how about the fact that they are ridiculously cold?

So cold, in fact, that your pipes will freeze.  Leading to this:


Even if you keep your water running 24/7, and the temperature in your house is waaaay above the thrifty 67 degrees it usually is.  (Pipes, afterall, can't wear layers.)

And, in case you were wondering, frozen pipes = lots of money for emergency plumbing help.

It could have been a LOT worse, so really I need to just say a prayer of gratitude and thanks.  When they bust, it was on the unfinished side of our basement (meaning no water damage) and I was able to get a plumber just a few short hours later (he informed me they had turned down 40 calls already that day). 

So thank heavens for savings, and I suppose it is a small price to pay on a day when many people have had much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com