Saturday, January 14, 2012

There's a big orange dreamboat sitting in my garage

12/30/11

Today, we got the second-best Christmas present I've ever gotten (besides peeing on a stick, that is!):

Perhaps I should explain why this silly stroller means so much to me?

It's a story as old as America: girl sees other mommies at the zoo with this stroller; girl listens to other mommies talk about how awesome, lightweight, maneuverable and durable it is; girl begins coveting said stroller and vows to scrimp and save to get one when she's ready for a double. 

Okay, so there's absolutely nothing redeeming about this tale.  Really, it's a story of consumerism and greed.  Except that I've literally had my eye on this beautiful thing for a year.  After 8 months of trying, it has come to be the very symbol of having two in my head.  It's synonymous with those two pink lines, and to me, that means a whole lot. 

Today, thanks to Christmas money and saving, it became ours. 

It's not brand new, because, well, this exact version with all the bells and whistles would cost over $750 and that's pretty ridiculous.  Thank goodness for the miracle of Craigslist, because at less than two years old, this stroller was ready for a new family, and so we got it at a price that didn't break the bank. 


For the next 8 months, I'll be killing its spirit as it sits in my garage until our littlest one is finished baking. 

But hang in there, BOB, because in 8 months?  Oh the places we'll go! 

And to my tiniest sweetheart: grow big and strong, and know that your very first, almost-brand-new present is waiting for you when you're ready for it.  Mommy has every confidence that this stroller is just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com