Thursday, March 14, 2013

Birthday wreath {a tutorial}


Have I mentioned that I'm all about simple, easy projects?

I knew I wanted Leah's invitations to include her holding a number three. I'd already purchased and painted this for the invites, so it was a natural thing to reuse in the decor.

I also wanted something hanging above the buffet, and this idea seemed to fit the bill.

Here's what you'll need:
::Foam wreath of desired size
::Tissue paper
::Glue gun

Step 1: Cut the tissue paper into 1.5 inch strips, and then into squares.  Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect. 

Step 2: Working from the inside out, glue the tissue paper to the wreath, alternating colors

Step 3: Continue alternating until the wreath is completely covered. 

Here's where I went wrong:  I should have done the entire circle, front and back.  And, I should have gone back to fill it in even more to really make it fluffy.  It looked pretty good as it was, but because it was 11:30 at night and I had to work the next day, I gave up too soon.

Step 4: using the glue gun, adhere the number to the foam wreath.  Attach a ribbon to hang.



I'm a big fan of the way this all came together!  Tissue paper, to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com