- He loves to bounce in the jumpy swing. He very clearly recognizes the word jump.
- He absolutely adores his big sissy. Any time she gets near him he just grins. Even when she's being, well, three, and it ends more roughly than I would like. It doesn't phase the kid; he gives her the puppy-dog iloveyou eyes.
- He understands so much language. It's neat to watch the words he obviously knows. Some of my faves include: kiss, listen, Logan, Mommy, Leah, Sister, Sissy, spoon, hungry, I love you, bed, teddy, book and milk.
- He gives the world's best kisses. You've heard the expression sucking face? He literally does this. It's completely, disgustingly, wipe-your-mouth-out gooey, but I absolutely adore it.
- He has reached a phase where he screams - a high-pitched, glass breaking kind of scream that absolutely rattles your soul - for no apparent reason. Let the record show: it is not my favorite thing.
- He has tried several foods, including: carrots, squash, avocado, banana, pears, broccoli, cauliflower, potato, peas and corn. Favorite? I'd have to say the broccoli/cauliflower mix. Sister loved this one, too. Interestingly enough, he's not a big fan of pears.
- Still nurses many times a day.
- Finally, finally takes the paci at night.
- Finally, finally sleeps more than two hours at a time. In fact, literally in the last week his sleeping has all come together thanks to a combination of solid foods, moving bed time one hour earlier (and I knew this months ago... why, why didn't I try it then??) to 6 instead of 7 and finally deciding to take the paci at night. Thank God. Seriously.
- He is still my sweet, giggly little man. I adore his belly laughs.
- He can mostly sit on his own, but he doesn't have much interest in it. He's much more likely to kick his legs and tip himself over.
- Has finally come around to tummy time. I even caught him sleeping on his tummy a few days ago (nevermind the fact that I almost had a heart attack, because this is the first time he's done it).
Remember when I was worried about having a boy? Yeah, me neither. It's amazing how someone can fit so perfectly and completely into a family, and into the very fabric of my being. This little boy has captured me, mind, body and soul.
I couldn't love him more.