Saturday, March 9, 2013

Snow or no snow, birthdays happen.

When she woke up this morning, my beautiful little girl came down the stairs.  She took a long look around.  She sat at the dining room table and looked at all the decorations.  Her eyes lit up, but she stayed pretty quiet.

When she finally spoke, she took a deep breath and said, "wooooow, Mommy.  It's so beautiful!  This is all for me?"  It was a question spoken with the full wonder and magic of a three year old.

Have I mentioned how much that child melts my heart?

 

 

 
 
 


 
There were four pregnant women in my house today.
Eleven children under 7.
Dozens of pancakes.  24 cupcakes.  Three candles. Six inches of snow.
 
And a ton of laughter and joy.
 


 
 




 
Despite the snow, it was one of the warmest days we've had in a long time.
 
You know those days that just take your breath away?  That make you remember how lucky you are?  This was definitely one of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com